Benefits Of Lace Wigs
Lace wigs have gained popularity over the years and have been most people’s first option when looking for the best wig. A lace wig is designed in a way that it mimics the look of the natural hair and it covers up your hair which makes the top and edges of the wig to appear natural.
The incredible feature of these wigs is that they have an attachment along the hairline which ensures that the drastic difference between the colors of your skin and where the wig begins are not apparent.
The lace wigs can be thatched using tape, thread or glue and are crafted in such a way that it's hard to tell the difference between your hairline and the forehead. The best place where you can buy a lace wig that does not tangle is at WigsBuy. Still Sturggling to wear wigs in public? See our Guide for Wearing wigs in Public
With a lace wig, you don’t have to worry about the cost of maintenance since it’s similar to maintaining your hair. There are two types of lace wig in the market which are full lace wig and lace front wig. The main difference between the two types of lace wigs is the material used for the base.
For a full lace wig, the base is made entirely of lace while for lace front wigs; a sheer lace base is used for the front portion of the wig.
Types of Lace Wigs
Full Lace Wig
A full lace wig is crafted from a lace cap that covers the entire head with the 100% human hair knotted into the cap by hand. This is the reason why full lace wigs are more versatile since they give you the opportunity to style them up into braids or up-dos or any preferred hairstyle. Nevertheless, these wigs are more expensive. The variety is huge, from blonde wig to a red wig, advantages Of Full Lace Wigs:
- Are More Durable These wigs are crafted using durable materials which will give your money value. The fact that the hair does not easily tangle means that you will not keep pulling your hair and thus will last longer.
- Look More Realistic These wigs look more natural and regardless of whether you need them as a fashion accessory or due to a medical condition such as hair loss; full lace wigs are the best choice. Obtain a perfect full lace wig from TrendsGal.
- Allows Your Hair to Grow When your wear full lace wigs consistently, your hair will get a break from the heating and overtreatment conditions. Thus, it will rejuvenate and become longer and stronger. See some celebrities that like front lace wigs!
- Easy to Maintain The maintenance of these wigs is similar to that of your natural hair. To obtain the best results, wash and condition the hair while on a mannequin so as to maintain its shape.
- Versatility The Full lace wigs are designed in a way that you can wear your hair in as many styles as possible. You can put up a ponytail or bun or whichever hair style that you have in mind. The fact that these wigs are available in different length and texture gives you the pleasure of having different looks for different occasions.
Lace Front Wigs
This wig utilizes a sheer lace base for the front part of the wig while the rest of the base is made of thicker but comfortable material. Some lace front wigs have a lace that covers the front half of the wig while in other, the lace is only used for a few inches.
The incredible fact about lace front wigs is that they look very natural and the lace is almost invisible, and the hair seems to be originating from your scalp. With this wig, you can part it in the middle or the side and still look natural.
Moreover, these lace front wigs are glued at the front and have straps that can be tightened at the back.
Benefits Of Lace Front Wigs
- Realistic and Natural Appearance The front lace wigs look more realistic and are hard to distinguish from the natural hair. Notably, the hair strands of the lace front wigs are attached to the wig cap that is made of a sheer lace fabric. This fabric is almost invisible to the naked eye when worn on the head. The lace mimics your hairline which makes it look like your real hair.
- Style Versatility With the imperceptible wig cap, the wig allows you to part the hair in whichever style you wish. However, with this lace wig, the front portion is made of lace while the other portion is made of thicker and more visible material. thus, with the front lace wig, wearing a ponytail or bun is not recommendable since it can reveal the base at the back which is one thing you wouldn’t want since it is easy for people to notice you are wearing a wig.
- Breathability Unlike other wigs that people complain about feeling uncomfortable and hot especially after prolonged wear: and because they have a solid cap that hardly allows the scalp to breathe; the lace front wigs, however, are designed in a way that the lace material is sheer and allows the scalp to breathe. In general, both the full lace wigs and the lace front wigs are great choices when you are looking to buy a long lasting and well-crafted lace wig.
Tips On How To Maintain Your Lace Wigs
- Avoid Direct Exposure to Heat You should avoid exposing your lace wig to dire heat just like you do with your other hairs. This is because direct heat will damage the wig’s ends which will dry out your cuticles. You should never place your wig near a fire, heat vent or over other sources of heat since the hair can easily get damaged. Thus, when wearing a lace wig, it is advisable to avoid sitting close to a fire, and neither should you use a hair dryer for your lace wig. Using a hair dryer will cause your hair to dry out which could cause irreversible damage.
- Comb the Hair Gently Just like you would comb your hair gently, so should you comb the lace wig. You need to be cautious when combing the hair on the lace wig to avoid shedding and thinning. Moreover, a sudden force on the hair can cause it to dislocate and loosen from its lace base. Thus, when combing your lace wig, start from the tip up while ensuring that you don’t get too close to the base.
- Use Luke Warm Water in a Spray Bottle to Wash It
You should wash and condition your lace wig on a routine basis and for the best results, wash it on a mannequin head so as to maintain its shape. While washing it, add a bit of shampoo in a small spray bottle that has moderate warm water.
Spray the mixture of shampoo and warm water over the wig and use a wide-toothed comb or tangle teezer to comb through the hair.
Rinse the hair using cool water and apply your favorite conditioner. Follow the same step you did with the shampoo and once you are through, rinse the hair again using cool water. Gently dry the hair using a towel and let it dry naturally. Notably, do not rub the hair strands against one another instead you should pat dry the hair so as to avoid any hair breakage.
Maintenance Techniques That Will Prevent Excess Hair Shedding of Your Lace Wig
- Use Knot Sealer which is a product that is used to seal the knots on your lace wig. Just turn your wig inside out and spray on the lace and allow it to dry before wearing it.
- Avoid scratching your scalp through the lace wig since it may cause shedding; instead, pat your head with your hand.
- Always use a wide tooth comb or wig brush and comb from the tip up while holding the hair above so as to avoid pulling.
- Do not comb your lace wig while wet. Ensure you comb the hair before washing it.
- Avoid using care products with high alcohol content since these products can damage the hair causing shedding.
- Constantly remove glue residue from the wig since buildup of the residue will cause breakage.
- Never blow dry your lace wig, and neither should you sit under a dryer with heat.
- Before sleeping, braid up your hair so that it does not tangle. Professional stylist recommends wrapping the hair of your lace wig in a circular motion around the scalp. Wear a sleep cap to keep the hair in place.